Homepage Contact us
separator
Buderus
Company Info About Buderus Company history
Buderus flags

Company history

Heating for over 275 years


Since 1825 Buderus has been developing new heating technologies.

Our products have been a reliable source of heating and hot water for schools, hospitals, hotels, sports stadiums, museums and hundreds of businesses across Europe for over 275 years.

Buderus Products


Masters of energy efficiency, pioneers of condensing technology, and with an extensive range of boilers, energy management controls and solar thermal appliances Buderus is now helping UK businesses to lower fuel consumption, reduce carbon footprints and save money on their fuel bills.

As part of Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd (the heating division of the worldwide Robert Bosch Group) the Buderus brand is present in over 50 countries worldwide, and is widely recognised as a leader in the design and manufacture of high quality heating technology for modern low-carbon installations.

Providing Energy Efficient products


In the UK, Buderus specialises in providing energy efficient products and comprehensive support services to the non-domestic sector.

We work in partnership with heating engineers, contractors and consultants on a wide range of commercial and industrial projects, and pride ourselves in delivering tailored heating solutions that provide tangible benefits to the investor in the most efficient and practical way possible.

High standards


Products are manufactured in Germany and Holland, and are engineered in line with strict European quality, safety and performance standards to ensure they provide the highest levels of efficiency, reliability and durability.

Company Timeline


The success story of this family business began with its formation on the 14 March 1731. Initially, the Buderus family firm produced cast iron products and pig iron, but soon specialized in the manufacture of stoves.

• 1861 – Acquisition of the "Hedwig" foundry near Lollar (established 1853) and located next to the Main-Weser railway (today: Lollar factory).

• 1870 – Establishment of the "Sophien" foundry in Wetzlar of the Gebrüder Buderus OHG.

• 1878 – Production of modern room stoves that are fired with anthracite or coal.

• 1898 – Patent application for the first in-house designed sectional cast iron boiler.

• 1911 – Restructuring and associated establishment of the Buderus'sche Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H, with its head office in Wetzlar.

• 1912 – The activities of this sales organization now cover the whole of Germany and some neighbouring countries.

• 1927 – Manufacture of Stabulo steel radiators at the Lollar factory.

• 1953 – Manufacture of steam and central heating boilers made from steel in the newly formed subsidiary, Omnical GmbH, Ewersbach factory.

• 1977 – Technological leap through low temperature technology (Ecomatic boiler).

• 1981 – Entry into the advanced condensing technology with the "Ecomatic-plus" cast iron boiler.

• 1987 – Restructuring of the Buderus AG by forming individual product-specific companies.

• 1993 – At the beginning of 1993, Buderus Heiztechnik acquired 40% of the Nefit Fasto B.V. shares; the remaining 60% came to the group in September 1994.

• 1997 – Takeover of Solar Diamant Systemtechnik GmbH.

• 1998 - Double jubilee - 100 years ago, the first Buderus patent for a sectional gray cast iron boiler and 5 million cast iron boilers produced in the same period.

• 2002 - Prototype of a fuel cell boiler in development.